For details of how and when I collect, use, and share information related to purchases of my work through Etsy, please visit my shop policy page.
Information I Collect
If you choose to contact me through my Contact page or regular email, you must provide me with certain information such as your name and email address. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information at your own discretion.
If you choose to submit your work through my Submissions page, you must also provide links to examples of your work, in addition to the basic information described above.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on the legal basis of legitimate interest to collect, use, and share your information.
By contacting me with your query or submitting your work to be reviewed for a feature, you accept that the information you share with me is necessary for the purpose of responding to or reviewing your query or submission.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The information that you share with me when you submit your work through my Submissions page (except your email address) may be shared publicly on my WordPress blog, Facebook page, Twitter profile, and Instagram account. Please see the Terms & Conditions of submission for more information.
The information that you share with me when you contact me through my Contact page is not shared with anyone else. The only exception would be if I am legally required to:
- (a) respond to legal process or to government requests;
- (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies;
- (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or
- (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services and as described above. However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I generally keep your data for the following time period: 1 year.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object: You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
If you have any questions or concerns, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 23 May 2018